Monday 9 December 2013

Sali Hughes on beauty: Christmas wishlist

No one buys me beauty presents, assuming, understandably, that gifting me a lipstick would be like buying a film critic a cinema pass. But each year, as the Christmas collections emerge, I still compile a mental wish list, if only for my own amusement. Top of this year's is Japonesque. I've been using their professional tools for 20 years (they also secretly manufacture brushes for some of the best luxury brands, such as Tom Ford, though you didn't hear it from me), and now they're selling makeup exclusively at John Lewis (from £12). The unique packaging is beautiful, and the eye shadows are superb. Equally flattering are makeup artist Charlotte Tilbury's eye quads, perfectly compiled at £38.




No Christmas is complete without new scent, and currently nothing compares to Frederic Malle's L'Eau d'Hiver, the most elegant (and, at £130, prohibitively expensive) perfume I've found. I unfailingly want a Diptyque Baies candle (£40) and Laura Mercier Crème de Pistache Honey Bath (£31). Finally, I'd like APC for Aesop's Post-Poo Drops (£20) for my bathroom, in the hope that my sons will be kind enough to use them. These look stylish, smell great and make me smile, as all beauty products should.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.